Low Income Housing for Seniors
Ventura County and Los Angeles County
Low income senior housing resources
Ventura County Resources
This program matches home providers, primarily seniors, with home seekers who are willing to help with household tasks, transportation, companionship, financial support, or a combination of these in exchange for affordable housing. This program provides housing opportunities for seniors where they do not exist otherwise, although is not limited to seniors. Housing arrangements are beneficial to both parties involved based on the premise that the rental arrangements are constructed based on needs specific to both the provider and seeker.
401 Hodencamp Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Seniors are the top priority at Senior Concerns, a private nonprofit organization located in Thousand Oaks and serving eastern Ventura County and western Los Angeles County.
For the past four decades, Senior Concerns has provided high-quality, affordable support services to seniors and their families through innovative and effective programs aimed at fostering independence, well-being and self-esteem
Program areas include:
- Wellness & Healthy Aging – Our Adult Day Center provides stimulating and engaging programs and activities in a safe and nurturing environment for seniors with cognitive or physical impairments. Our Meals On Wheels program delivers freshly prepared, nutritionally-balanced hot lunches and light evening meals to homebound seniors, 365 days a year.
- Caregiver Support – Our Caregiver Support Center offers resources, information and education, support groups and respite services for family caregivers.
- Legal, Financial and Advocate Services – Senior Advocates provide education, information and resources to seniors about Medicare, Social Security, housing, insurance and other senior-related topics. Our pro bono professionals lend a helping hand with financial and legal matters for seniors.
- Volunteer and Community Activities – The Bargain Boutique and Thrift Store, Meals On Wheels and the annual Love Run and Ultimate Dining Experience offer opportunities for community involvement and fundraising while enriching the lives of seniors and all involved.
Focused on delivering high-quality, affordable support services with a family-centered approach, Senior Concerns aims to help seniors remain in their homes for as long as possible and offers all programs to seniors, with financial assistance available to those with a demonstrated financial need.
Call 805.497.0189 today to arrange a tour.
West Los Angeles County Resources
Affordable Living for the Aging
We are a group of passionate individuals committed to supporting homeless and at-risk seniors with affordable housing, resources and services.
2029 Century Park East Suite 4393
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Area Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles
(Section 8 and Public Housing)
700 West Main Street
Alhambra, CA 91801
The Housing Authority of the County of Los Angeles (Housing Authority) serves in Los Angeles County, administering both the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing programs.
Harold’s Help Desk
If you are looking for community resources or would like to receive assistance from a ONEgeneration program please contact our Harold’s Help Desk. You will receive the information or help that you need in finding the right person to help your needs or those of a loved one. Harold’s Help Desk is generously sponsored by The Edelstein Family Charitable Foundation in efforts to aid low income seniors with personal assistance in finding the services they need in-home and in the community.
Assistance and referral services include:
- Completion of various forms- Insurance/Applications
- Social security benefit information
- Veterans Services Referrals
- Home Chores / In-Home Supportive Services
- Tax-Aide Assistance
- Mental Health Counseling
- Money Management
- Translation Assistance
- Medication Assistance
- low income Utility Assistance
- Health and Wellness Programs and Activities
- And other relevant needs
Please call Harold’s Help Desk: (818) 708-6624
Helping Hands offers seniors a care-planning / care coordination service that encompasses a wide variety of service options.
- Care coordination
- Placement assistance
- Veterans Services Referrals
- Medical equipment
- Asset protection
There are no income, insurance, or health requirements to be able to access our services and we typically offer to follow up within 2-3 business days of completing an intake with our staff over the phone. Seniors often use our service to set up in-home care, coordinate low-cost placement options, transfer into a nursing home, set up utility assistance, apply for Medi-Cal, connect to a caregiver, and much more… Our service specializes in situations where our clients have moderate to high care needs and limited resources or low income.
Intake criteria require that a senior be over the age of 65 and have a problem that they want to talk about. That’s it. We will also consider working with older adults who are not yet 65 years old if they have either, 1. Medicare recognized long-term disability or, 2. terminal illness.